Can you imagine sitting outside your home right under the sun and sipping tender in the summers in India? What about in May or June? No?? You can’t imagine yourself doing that isn’t it unless you come across a fanatical idea of punishing yourself for nothing.
Here I bring you 5 exotic places to visit in India during summer from the travel menu of India-the land of wonders.
- Shimla or Simla is my personal favorite to the list of best summer destinations in India. Popularly known as the “Queen of Hills”, Shimla is one of the most sought after hill stations in India. It is the capital district of state of Himachal Pradesh in the North of India. The city dates back to being the summer capital of India during British Raj and bags most of its heritage and popular sites to the pre-independent India. Once you step into this magical land you would witness tranquil landscape and breath -taking hills which will for sure leave you in awe.
The place is definitely worth visiting and is abode of several charismatic monuments which finds its roots back to the Gothic architecture. The Mall Road is the most popular place in Shimla and you could see thousand of tourist flocking in the place admiring its beauty. This place gives you a lot of scope for local shopping. Among the other places of interests is Jakhu Temple-a temple dedicated to Lord Hanuman, Indian Institute of Advanced Study, Town Hall in the Ridge, Public Library on the Ridge, Christ Church, Summer Hill to name a few. The place is easily accessible by air with its airport located in Jubbarhatti. You can also choose to travel by train through Kalka-Shimla rail track with the steepest slopes.
2. Shillong: Another hilly beauty sprawling on the North-East of India. Capital of Meghalaya, the place is a treat to watch. Apart from the beauty of the blue hills this places has a lot to share. The place was the capital of undivided Assam. Hugely populated by the Khasi community, the place is popular for its manicured trees in Lady Hydari Park and waterfalls.
Among the most desired places in Shillong are-Elephant Falls which a combination of 3 rivers. Air Force Museum- echoing the history of our Air Force, Ward Lake, Cathedral of Mary Help of Christians, Spread Eagle Falls, Sweet Falls recognized as the most beautiful water falls in Shillong, Police Bazar- place for shopaholic. Shillong is the second next place to beat the heat. The place is well connected by road by not by airways or railways. Umroi Airport has an access of very limited flights. The place is yet to be furnished with railway connectivity.
3. Manali: A popular name in the list of travel lovers. Many of you reading this already might have visited Manali or else planning to visit this summer but for sure a good number of us have heard of this beautiful abode of magnificent mountains and lovely natural scenes.
Manali has many tourist places to visit which while sightseeing you would feel the bliss within while not thinking of the burning heat anymore. Set on the famous Beas River, Manali is the beautiful town in Himachal Pradesh popular for its resorts. If you are one of those paragliding persona, then this beauty is just the right one for you. Manali is a popular tourist attraction entertaining home crowd equally good. You can look forward for paragliding, mountaineering or be it river rafting-this place gives it all. Among the popular places of interest in Manali, Hidimba Devi Temple, Rohtang Pass, Solang Valley, Bhrigu Lake and Club House are to name a few.
4. Kerela:The land of the coconuts is yet another exotic picturesque place of delight for summer travels. India is a gifted country and this land located in the Malabar coast in the South of India is gifted with sweet coconuts good enough to satisfy your summer thirst. Loaded with the beauty of lush green tea plantation and backwaters, this place is truly “God’s own Country”.
Kerela is a rich abode of flora and fauna and claims some of the eye captivating places to visit-Munnar is a hill station and most sought place in Kerela. Up next is Eravikulam National Park; another beauty welcoming the wild habitat of Kerela, Blossom Hydel Park, Anamuddi, Tea Museum are among the many beautiful places to visit.
5. Ooty: Another name from the South which completes our list of summer travel points. Ooty is a hill station in the Indian state of Tamil Nadu, located in the South. Ooty boast its giant artificial expansion of water. Among the popular attraction places are Botanical Gardens which is also a popular picnic spot, the lovely Rose Garden is recommended to visit in the month of May because of its enchanting flower shows, Doddabetta Peak, Cairn Hill-a lovely home for the wild.
With theses exotic places to visit this summer, I guess summer isn’t that bad after all.