Over the times Thailand has taken the travel and tourism industry by storm thanks to its popular beaches, islands, attractions, night life and even better the Thai massage. People flock from every corner of the world to enjoy life in Thailand and one such place worth visiting is Pattaya. Set on the east coast of the Gulf of Thailand, Pattaya is a resort city in Thailand. Pattya means the wind blowing from south-west to the north-east at the beginning of the rainy season. Take a journey through the age old Thai tradition fused with the modernity of today where pleasure, fun and religion are depicted in the popular attractions. Here are a list of places to see and things to do in Pattaya-
- Walk down the Street: walking the streets is a good way to educate yourself about a new place. What’s fascinating about the streets here is that with the night approaching it becomes more lively with all shops lighted up with led lights, more people, pubs, beer bars, street foods and of course jolly and party lovers like you from different places enjoying walks like you.
- Buddha Mountain Chi: also known as the Khao Chee Chan is the world’s largest Buddha image. The place is some 20 minutes away from Pattya. The Buddha image is about 130 meters high. This magnificent image is engraved in a rock and is marked out in gold under the patronage of the then Supreme Patriarch using computer software and laser.
- Nong Nooch Tropical Garden: a sojourn in to the lap of nature is where you’ll peace in Nong Nooch Tropical Garden some 18 km south of Pattaya. The garden abodes spectacular greenery, gardens, waterfalls, orchids, a lake and some beautifully constructed Thai houses and gardens. One of the very popular attractions of this place is the elephant show which is staged 4 times a day. From among other attractions are sword fighting, Thai boxing and folk dances. A stroll in the morning would be a great start for the day.
- Floating Market: a sight to be amazed of and why not you don’t always come across market that floats! What you’d find here is vendors selling their items on boats. What you can buy is different ready to eat foods, fruits, artifacts, souvenir, handicrafts, postcards, wooden toys and also clothes. The best way to experience this fun is to hire a boatman who would take you along to explore the thrill and fun of a floating market place.
- Underwater World: a must visit place for everyone. Watch and enjoy the marvelous marine world witnessing the different varieties of aquatic lives. It is good source of educational and fun leisure for both adults and kids. This place one of the most modern ocean aquariums in Asia. There is this impressive number of over 4,000 marine animals from more than 200 different species. Don’t miss out on this place.
- Ripley’s Believe It or Not: bearing the name of a popular television series with the same name, this place will make you question about almost everything that is known to you in this world. Based on the theme of Robert Leroy Ripley’s book- ‘Believe It or Not’, this place will at times open your eyes to a new level of learning whereas at times will give you chills. This place sort of a gallery is based on three elements- beautiful, strange and shocking and the objects, the fascinating facts, pictures and people displayed here are just enough to surprise you or make your spine chill. You can’t just have enough of this place and can spend a whole day without getting bored!
- Art in Paradise: if 3D fascinates you this is the place to be! You got to visit this place to realize what else can art predict or do besides being hanging on the walls. The place is a fresh take on art especially the 3D factors which are so vibrantly and interactively depicted, coming out of their given space taking toll at you (positively). Exhibiting over 100 individualized paintings stylized under different categories, there is also a shop at the entrance selling art supplies and a café.
- Prasat Sut Ja-Tum: also called the Sanctuary of Truth is the most popular and spectacular place to be in Pattaya, this wooden marvel is a temple and is about 105 meters in height and a favorite among tourists. You can’t be sure about its appearance whether to regard it a palace or temple but it’s one of its kind in the world. A great blend of art, culture, philosophy and faith this monument is a sheer embodiment of Thai craftsmanship.
- Sri Racha Tiger Zoo: based on the suburbs of Pattaya, the Sriracha Tiger Zoo is a place to be. Besides its sheltering over 200 Bengal Tigers, the zoo also is a house to over 100,000 crocodiles, deer, wallabies, ostrich, pig, camels and more. Apart from observing these wonderful animals you can also click photos and your signature selfies with tiger cubs and baby crocodiles. This is for sure a not to miss spot!
- Pattaya Beach: you just can’t afford to miss the beach, can you? An all-time crowded place with tourists enjoying their time, the Pattaya Beach is one of the most famous and loved beaches here. There are a good number of cafes and bars here and also some of the fun filled water activities like windsurfing, scuba diving, para gliding, jet skiing and banana boat rides. Make the most out of your time in Pattya with a visit to the beach because there is so much to it.
So this was Pattaya at a glance. Which of these places have you visited and which do you plan to visit next?