From at this time – 1 March – absolutely vaccinated vacationers are not required to take a pre-departure Covid PCR or Rapid Antigen check to enter Sri Lanka.
The announcement – which got here just some days in the past (27 Feb) from the nation’s Ministry of Health – defined that people, who’ve acquired their full vaccination in opposition to Covid-19, can now arrive into the nation with out having to current a detrimental Covid check outcome.
And, the information is certain to be welcomed by those that want to go to the stunningly-beautiful nation of Sri Lanka – which is located within the southern area of Asia – with there now being one much less requirement to undertake previous to touring.
What are the present entry necessities for absolutely vaccinated guests coming into Sri Lanka?
Although there isn’t a longer a have to take a pre-departure Covid check earlier than arriving into Sri Lanka, there are a variety of different entry necessities that absolutely vaccinated vacationers might want to adhere to. These embrace:
- buying Covid-19 journey insurance coverage – which is a compulsory requirement for all guests. It is vital to notice, nevertheless, that for those who do have already got full insurance coverage cowl – which particularly covers you for Covid-19 – then you do not want to buy further Covid-19 journey insurance coverage
- exhibiting official proof of your Covid-19 vaccine document – to be thought-about as ‘fully vaccinated’ you need to have acquired the second dose of your vaccine no ahead of 14 days earlier than your departure to the nation
- finishing a web based pre-travel well being registration type – which will be discovered here
- making use of for a vacationer visa earlier than your arrival – which will be completed utilizing Sri Lanka’s Electronic Travel Authorization System.
Who is taken into account absolutely vaccinated?
The Sri Lankan authorities take into account a person to be absolutely vaccinated if they’ve acquired the second dose of their vaccine in opposition to Covid-19 no sooner than 14 days earlier than their deliberate arrival into the nation.
Also, any particular person who has acquired an permitted one-dose vaccine may also be thought-about as being absolutely vaccinated in opposition to Covid-19.
For people aged 12-18 – who’ve acquired at the very least one dose of a recognised vaccine – are additionally thought-about as being absolutely vaccinated by the Sri Lankan authorities.
However, their single dose should have been administered at the very least 14 days previous to them touring to the nation.
Can you enter Sri Lanka if you’re unvaccinated?
Yes, you may enter Sri Lanka for tourism functions if you’re unvacinnated, or ‘not-fully vaccinated’ – these are people that accomplished their vaccination in opposition to Covid-19 lower than two weeks earlier than their departure to Sri Lanka. However, you’ll have to adhere to the above entry necessities for absolutely vaccinated vacationers, in addition to:
- current a detrimental PCR check outcome (taken throughout the earlier 72 hours earlier than departure) or a detrimental Rapid Antigen check (taken not than 48 hours earlier than departure) on arrival into the nation
- current your vaccination document – that is solely relevant for these which might be thought-about ‘not-fully vaccinated’
- bear a PCR check upon arrival into the nation
- a pre-confirmed reserving at a degree 1 ‘safe and secure certified’ lodge of as much as 8 days – the variety of days, nevertheless, relies upon your vaccination standing
- keep in both a ‘Flexible bio-bubble’ or ‘Tourism Bio Bubble’ – which relies on whether or not the person is ‘not-fully’ or ‘not-at-all’ vaccinated in opposition to Covid-19
- bear an ‘Exit’ PCR check on the ultimate day of your ‘Tourism Bio Bubble’.
It is vital to notice that kids beneath the age of 12 are exempt from any Covid PCR or Rapid Antigen testing.
Sri Lanka joins different vacationer hotspots in Asia – together with the likes of Thailand and Bali – who’ve lately made adjustments to their entry necessities with the hopes of attracting vacationers.
↓ Join the neighborhood ↓
The Travel Off Path Community FB group has all the most recent reopening information, conversations, and Q&A’s taking place every day!
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR LATEST POSTS
Enter your e mail handle to subscribe to Travel Off Path’s newest breaking journey information, straight to your inbox
Disclaimer: Current journey guidelines and restrictions can change with out discover. The determination to journey is in the end your duty. Contact your consulate and/or native authorities to verify your nationality’s entry and/or any adjustments to journey necessities earlier than touring. Travel Off Path doesn’t endorse touring in opposition to authorities advisories