The publish Singapore Tourism Awards 2022: Contributions During Covid-19 appeared first on TD (Travel Daily Media) Travel Daily.
35 people and organisations had been recognised this night on the Singapore Tourism Awards 2022 for demonstrating resilience, innovation and repair excellence amidst the challenges of the COVID-19 pandemic final yr.
Organised by the Singapore Tourism Board (STB), and held on the Shangri-La Hotel, the Singapore Tourism Awards presentation ceremony was graced by Mr Alvin Tan, Minister of State for Trade and Industry, and Culture, Community and Youth.
STB Chief Executive Mr Keith Tan mentioned: “The efforts of all the award finalists and recipients spur the entire tourism industry to greater achievements. Their spirit of resilience and creativity will become more important as we emerge from the pandemic to recapture demand and ensure Singapore remains a world-leading leisure and MICE destination.”
There had been 81 finalists for the Experience Excellence, Enterprise Excellence, Customer Service, Top and Special Awards classes this yr.
11 recipients for Top and Special Awards
One Kampong Gelam and Group ONE Holdings every obtained a Special Recognition Award for displaying resilience and delivering inventive and modern merchandise and experiences.
• One Kampong Gelam (OKG) initiated new occasions and actions to enliven and set up Kampong Gelam as a vibrant cultural district. OKG launched the precinct’s first Hari Raya light-up undertaking in over a decade, with a first-of-its-kind mild projection present on the Sultan Mosque. It additionally remodeled and added vibrancy to the precinct with the primary official graffiti Hall of Fame in Southeast Asia, by turning building hoardings right into a road artwork attraction.
• Group ONE Holdings (ONE) was the primary occasion organiser to pilot a global dwell sporting occasion in 2020, with pre-event testing and heightened secure administration measures. They shared their expertise with different occasion organisers, paving the best way for extra occasions to renew in 2021. ONE continued to carry occasions safely and efficiently, whereas innovating and increasing their product choices throughout the pandemic.
Special Award for Sustainability
In line with Singapore’s ambition to turn out to be a prime sustainable city vacation spot, Grand Hyatt Singapore, Marina Bay Sands and Resorts World Sentosa had been every awarded the Special Award for Sustainability.
- Grand Hyatt Singapore carried out impactful sustainability initiatives, resembling changing meals waste into fertiliser and lowering its carbon footprint by putting in a gas-powered plant to offer 30% of the lodge’s electrical energy wants.
- Marina Bay Sands (MBS), recognised as the primary carbon impartial MICE venue in Singapore, leveraged sensible expertise in its operations to assist sustainability. MBS has additionally commercialised sustainability by incorporating it into their choices and programmes – for instance, by providing sustainability excursions.
- Resorts World Sentosa (RWS) adopted a complete vary of sustainability initiatives in areas resembling carbon neutrality, waste administration, power effectivity and biodiversity. As an indication of their sustainability dedication, RWS additionally offered S$10m in funding to the RWS-NUS Living Laboratory to improve biodiversity conservation in Singapore.Special Award for Most Exemplary EmployerFar East Hospitality and Marina Bay Sands had been every conferred the Special Award for Most Exemplary Employer, for creating and implementing impactful insurance policies to retain and retrain workers throughout the pandemic.
- Far East Hospitality shaped a devoted staff to coach and equip employees with expertise past their job roles. The organisation additionally launched programmes to enhance workers’ bodily and psychological welfare and launched a monetary help scheme for workers in want.
- Marina Bay Sands actively inspired upskilling amongst workers and carried out initiatives to guard the bodily and psychological welfare of each workers and their households. Diversity and inclusion are core values within the organisation’s hiring philosophy, and it continued to rent Persons with Disabilities (PWDs).Special Award for Community CareMarina Bay Sands, The Fullerton Hotel Singapore, Trip.com Travel Singapore and Tan Siok Hui from Conrad Centennial Singapore obtained the Special Award for Community Care, for displaying care and selflessness for the broader neighborhood throughout the pandemic.
- Marina Bay Sands carried out a wide-reaching worldwide neighborhood engagement programme for over 24,000 beneficiaries throughout numerous segments with totally different wants. These efforts alleviated meals insecurity, tackled social isolation and promoted catastrophe resiliency to beneficiaries resembling lower-income households, nursing properties, seniors dwelling alone, migrant staff and deprived communities in India.
- The Fullerton Hotel Singapore displayed its dedication to construct a caring and inclusive neighborhood by way of outreach and mentorship programmes. These centered on six key pillars: Women, Youth, Seniors, Community, Heritage and Well-being. The lodge additionally organised actions round totally different campaigns resembling World Heart Day, Breast Cancer Awareness Month, the Purple Parade and International Women’s Day, the place a part of the proceeds from the varied donation drives was given to beneficiaries.
- Trip.com Travel Singapore launched the Pay It Forward marketing campaign which allowed residents to donate their SingapoRediscovers vouchers. This marketing campaign subsequently impressed different authorised reserving companions to offer an identical donation possibility for the vouchers.
- Siok Hui displayed exemplary management by driving a number of social accountability occasions at Conrad Centennial Singapore, to assist the much less lucky. She additionally demonstrated selflessness by volunteering her time at numerous native non-profit organisations, even outdoors of her working hours.
Twenty-four recognised for excellent achievements
24 people and organisations had been additionally honoured for his or her excellent achievements throughout the Customer Service, Experience Excellence and Enterprise Excellence classes.
In explicit, Let’s Go Tour’s Red Oil Lamp: Chinatown Stories Alive and Voices: Memories of Kampong Lorong Buangkok had been collectively named Outstanding Tour Experience for offering an immersive, theatrical expertise based mostly on the tour location and time interval.
The Clan Hotel was recognised as an Outstanding Hotel Experience. It developed a number of cross-sector collaborations, incorporating them into numerous providers to offer visitors with new and genuine experiences.
Please check with:
• Annex A for a full listing of the award recipients and finalists of the Singapore Tourism Awards 2022
Photo highlights from the awards ceremony can be out there here from 24 May, 2200h. Please credit score the photographs to Singapore Tourism Board.
Click right here to learn: eTurboNews | eTN
The publish Singapore Tourism Awards 2022: Contributions During Covid-19 appeared first on Travel Daily.