Southwest Airlines has added a bunch of recent routes and elevated flight frequencies to prime locations each within the US and overseas.
Southwest Airlines, which is taken into account to be the biggest low-cost airline on the planet, will see its new flight routes and frequencies come into impact from June, because it appears to be like to reap the benefits of the excessive demand for journey that appears sure to solely improve as we head into summer season and past.
By including new flight routes and frequencies, Southwest is spreading some journey cheer to an trade that each one too usually function tales of airways chopping their flight choices because the longer-term results of the pandemic start to take maintain.
Here’s a more in-depth have a look at the brand new routes and frequencies that Southwest is about to supply, together with the place they’re flying to, from which date they may come into impact, and the way usually they are going to be.
Southwest Adds Flights – What Travelers Should Know
News of Southwest’s new flights and elevated frequencies have been revealed throughout the previous week when the airline updated its summer flying schedule. The adjustments included a wealth of recent flying choices to each California and the Pacific Northwest, in addition to extra routes that may join vacationers from the mainland US to nicely sought-after abroad locations, together with Cuba and the ever-popular Hawaii.
Southwest will launch a brand new, continuous every day service between Sacramento and Santa Barbara from June fifth. Already the biggest provider of vacationers in California, Southwest additional cemented this standing by ramping up its flight frequencies on the next routes from June fifth:
- San Diego and Sacramento – as much as 20 flights per day every manner
- San Diego and San Jose – as much as 20 flights per day every manner
- San Diego and Oakland – as much as 14 flights per day every manner
Perhaps the largest winner in Southwest’s newest schedule announcement is San Jose. The airport is about to see its Southwest flight frequencies to West Coast locations explode, with the next flights introduced:
- To Las Vegas – weekday service with as much as 13 occasions a day every manner
- To Long Beach, California – weekday service with as much as 4 flights per day every manner
- To Orange County/Santa Ana, California – a weekday service with as much as 10 flights per day every manner
These flight frequencies will come into impact all through the summer season.
However, it’s not simply the West Coast that may profit, however the Pacific North West too. A brand new, every day service between San Jose and Eugune, Oregon is about to launch, along with the next up to date frequencies from June fifth:
- Flights between San Jose and Boise – a weekday service, flying twice a day every manner
- Flights between San Jose and Spokane – a weekday service flying as much as twice a day every manner
- Flights between San Jose and Portland, Oregon – a weekday service with six flights a day every manner
- Flights between San Jose and Seattle/Tacoma – a weekday service with six flights per day every manner
Looking additional afield, Southwest has added a brand new, once-daily flight between the Hawaiian islands of Kahului, Maui and Lihue, Kauai, from June fifth. The airline has additionally boosted a number of of its inter-island routes. Details are as follows:
- Honolulu (Oahu) and Kahului (Maui) – eight occasions every manner from June fifth, increasing to 11 occasions every manner from September fifth
- Honolulu (Oahu) and Kona (Island of Hawaii) – 5 occasions every manner from June fifth, increasing to six occasions every manner from September fifth
- Honolulu (Oahu) and Lihue (Kauai) – 5 occasions every manner from June fifth, increasing to six occasions every manner from September fifth
- Honolulu (Oahu) and Hilo (Island of Hawaii) – 5 occasions every manner from September fifth
Finally, Southwest is about to increase its Cuba frequencies, with a roundtrip service thrice every day from Fort Lauderdale to Havana from May 4th, in addition to a twice-daily roundtrip from Tampa to Havana, beginning May seventh. More data on the entry necessities for journey to Cuba may be discovered here.
↓ Join the neighborhood ↓
The Travel Off Path Community FB group has all the most recent reopening information, conversations, and Q&A’s taking place every day!
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR LATEST POSTS
Enter your e mail handle to subscribe to Travel Off Path’s newest breaking journey information, straight to your inbox
Disclaimer: Current journey guidelines and restrictions can change with out discover. The resolution to journey is finally your duty. Contact your consulate and/or native authorities to substantiate your nationality’s entry and/or any adjustments to journey necessities earlier than touring. Travel Off Path doesn’t endorse touring towards authorities advisories