The UAE’s airways now not require a pre-arrival PCR check for absolutely vaccinated travellers following the federal government’s official easing of covid restrictions.
The National Emergency Crisis and Disasters Management Authority (NCEMA) has introduced that from 26 February, travellers who’ve the accredited QR code exhibiting their immunisation standing will now not need to endure a PCR check earlier than arrival. Passengers who haven’t been vaccinated will nonetheless be required to endure a PCR check inside 48 hours of their arrival.
As a consequence, Emirates, Etihad, and flydubai have all eradicated the necessity for the pre-arrival check — although travellers arriving in Abu Dhabi by way of Etihad will nonetheless be required to finish the free check on the airport, with no further quarantine required.
Etihad confirmed the change on its web site, saying, “You no longer require a test to fly to Abu Dhabi if you’re vaccinated, under 16, or carry a Covid-19 recovery certificate.”
Etihad Airways has additionally posted its most up-to-date journey pointers following the present UAE authorities orders. The airline claimed that as of 26 February, absolutely vaccinated visitors travelling to Abu Dhabi wouldn’t be required to do a pre-arrival PCR check, and a QR code should be included with proof of vaccination.
Furthermore, passengers exiting or transiting by means of the UAE capital is not going to be required to endure a PCR check until mandated by the ultimate vacation spot.
- Guests who will not be vaccinated and travelling to Abu Dhabi should current a destructive PCR check taken inside 48 hours of departure or a Covid-19 restoration certificates with a QR code dated inside 30 days of departure.
- Children youthful than 16 are exempt from the vaccination and testing necessities to fly, on arrival, or to transit.
- Passengers travelling to Abu Dhabi as their finish vacation spot will obtain a free-of-charge PCR check on arrival at Abu Dhabi International Airport. No additional assessments are required as soon as in Abu Dhabi.
No covid PCR check for vaccinated passengers arriving in Dubai
Emirates and flydubai now carry the up to date recommendation:
Effective 26 February 2022, passengers travelling to Dubai from all international locations (GCC included) should fulfil one of many under necessities:
- Present a sound vaccination certificates(s) reflecting that the passenger is absolutely vaccinated with a vaccine accredited by the WHO or the United Arab Emirates (UAE), and features a QR code System; or
- Present a sound Negative Covid‑19 Test certificates that must be primarily based on a molecular diagnostic check supposed for the qualitative detection of nucleic acid for SARS‑COV‑2 viral RNA that’s issued inside 48 hours from the time of pattern assortment and issued by an accredited well being service supplier, with a QR code System; or
- Present a sound medical certificates issued by the related authorities that the passenger has recovered from Coronavirus SARS Cov‑19 inside one (1) month from the date of restoration to the date of arrival, with a QR code system.
The nationwide necessities for shut contacts of individuals with covid have additionally been relaxed, with quarantine now not required; however, state staff who’re in shut contact should take every day PCR testing for 5 days.
Those who check constructive will nonetheless be quarantined, however measures just like the monitoring wristbands utilized in Abu Dhabi’s capital would now not be required.